08 September 2005

who called?

Who called?

It's not a question.

It's a service.

FINALLY!!!

Who Called?

You see, I hate voicemail. And I also hate call waiting. But I need to know who is calling me when I'm on the phone. I don't have voicemail, because I would be obligated to check messages and likely phone people back. What an annoyance. I never leave voicemails for people I know, because then when they don't call back (which is usually the case), I don't feel rejected.

However, because at times there is a work emergency or something going on, I have to leave call waiting enabled on my mobile, even though I never answer it. Because at least then I have a record of the person who tried to phone me. But if I hit the "ignore" feature, the caller gets a fast busy tone and usually calls back...numerous times. So I just have to put up with that damn call waiting beep chirping in my ear for what amounts to about 15 rings for the call waiter.

But now...NEVER AGAIN!!!

I just tested it myself. Called my mobile on one line at work, put that call on hold, then called on a second line. I got the busy tone, but I also got a text almost immediately detailing the caller ID which attempted to call, and the number of times called.

Where was this service for the past 5 years?

Thank you! Rogers Wireless is the best.

No comments: