27 September 2005

killer cold

I have got this killer cold and have had it for a week now. I can't imagine what I did to get it... 4 flights, 6 airport visits, 4 days, 5 hours of sleep per night/early morning... Maybe that's what did it, because the *cold* started to be felt the second night I was back home.

Now, I'm not a whiner at all, and I'm not one to let something so miniscule get me down, phsychologically or physiologically. But this one just won't get worse or better!

I didn't even take a full day off work last week, because I didn't feel as though I needed to. However, I did stay home yesterday and just what work was necessary from home. (And then added VNC to a couple of computers I had forgotten I needed access to when I'm not there. Oh thank you to whoever discovered VPN access!)

Tomorrow is my doctor appointment. Hope nothing too weird comes from that.

Ever heard of CBC? Yeah, it's that thing that used to be good. Anyway, there's a documentary show called Out Front that airs on Radio One just before lunch (just after lunch in Newfoundland and Labrador). It's all documentaries which are done by average people who want to tell a story. And yes, I'm an average person with a story to tell!

I was going to put a link in here, but because of the lockout, yes, the lockout, labour disruptions are what management calls a lockout when it's their fault. The people want to work! And they do! Just check out CBCunplugged.com. It's all those damn capitalists out there who don't realise that Canada does not need nor want some stereotyped generic mindnumbing conformity in the media. The only way to have a free and independent voice in media is to have a public broadcaster who is fully supported by the government. If not, you just get some corporate drivel which is driven solely by what won't offend the advertisers. Ever thought of ad free media? OMF! What concept!

Anyway, enough of that. Obviously, because of the lockout, I was not able to pitch my documentary idea to the Out Front staff, so I have decided to just go ahead and make my documentary, and then see if they will buy it later. (Fingers crossed!) Perhaps someone somewhere will buy it. Who knows?

Well, I'm not going to give my idea away because then it might be borrowed by someone else.

And my final question of yesterday is this: I can link to an image somewhere else, and have it displayed in this page (or any page, really), I can also manipulate how that image is displayed in this page. Suppose I wanted to retrieve the text from a file somewhere else? Why can I not do this? I mean, some simple piece of html code to go get some small bit of text and then apply this page's css to that text?

If anyone at all cares, you will aid me in my quest.

Thank you.

No comments: