13 January 2006

visions of the razr

Notable shots from the V3:



I'm not sure why, but at the time, it seemed rather odd to have a parking meter with a 38 minute time limit. 40. 30. Even 35. Those time limits make sense. But 38?






For the first time ever! My favourite, and Lethbridge's only, ski shop was closed for the day.

I went to Fernie on Thursday and brought along Stephen and Sherri.

Sherri stayed on the flat part all day. I left them on Deer chair after one run. Sherri hadn't been skiing in years, and Stephen had never been at all. Our needs were vastly different. I spent the day in Timber Bowl. I went into Siberia twice, but that bottom traverse just isn't worth it. White Pass was the place to be! Tonnes of powder everywhere! And though it was mostly all cut up by about 11 am, when I took Stephen up top after lunch, we managed to find a bit of virgin snow in which to cut fresh lines. And it didn't even get much skied out at all, which is definitely a treat. I have never been to Fernie on a weekday; weekends are always so busy, especially after a huge dump of snow. Closures were extensive: Currie bowl, Lizard bowl, Cedar bowl. It would be nice to have had Currie open while we were there. At the top of White Pass chair, we were able to see the extent of the leftovers of an avalanche that cruised down into Currie. Very impressive!

Great skiing all day. Got to hang with good friends from down east. I would say that it was awesome. Though, I'm still not convinced as to the actual extent of which Stephen enjoyed himself.

No comments: