26 January 2006

don't cry over spilt milk

At the end of the nesquick, I simply pour milk directly into the bottle, shake, and pour into a glass. Then typically I drink the chocolate milk from the glass.

But not on Saturday.



Somehow, the glass just snapped off at the base, and when I attempted to pick it up, the glass broke, and the milk went everywhere! Splashed all over the counter, the cupboards, the floor, even my feet!




Later that day, I was walking down 4 Avenue S, and though I'd been planning on doing it for several years and never actually did it, I finally stopped to take a photo of the sad sad state of the Paramount theatre marquis. Once purchased from the original independent owner in the 50's or 70's or whenever, Famous Players never spent a dime on anything for this theatre, including buying new bulbs for the marquis. Then Famous Players went bankrupt or whatever and was bought out by Cineplex. But some of the locations were anti-competitive, so Empire Theatres bought those screens.

I wonder, does Empire know how disgusting this place is?

No comments: