04 December 2005

Sunday evening on 12 Street

This is from the bulletin of a church we attended a few weeks ago.



I like how they don't take any initiative or responsibility. Merely referring the seeker to "ask Jesus first, then contact us". Kind of sad really. In addition to this, no one greeted us, no one talked to us, no one offered to buy us lunch, no one offered to shove the gospel at us. Makes a person think about the modern or postmodern or even the emerging church: how is this relevant?






In preparation for moving, I realised I was past due to return my empties which had been piling up in the storage closet. 14 bottles of wine in about 5 weeks. Does that make me a wino?




wino |ˈwīnō| noun ( pl. -os) informal
a person who drinks excessive amounts of cheap wine or other alcohol, esp. one who is homeless.




Guess not. My wine isn't cheap and I'm not homeless. And what is excessive? 14 bottles in 5 weeks doesn't seem all that excessive to me.

No comments: