08 December 2005

imagine

Egg Nog

I recently purchased two litres of egg nog. Both lovingly prepared / manufactured by Lucerne Dairy, available at Safeway. The first was their 'holiday egg nog', the second was their 'gourmet egg nog'.

You may wonder, what's the difference? Aside from packaging and price, I wanted to know the same thing. That's why I bought both.

Texture: both have a similar viscosity and appearance, complete with little specks of what ought to be considered spices. The gourmet version was slightly darker in hue, under a standard 60 W light bulb.

Flavour: each had its own unique nog-ness. The holiday egg nog seemed more earthy and wholesome, actually tasting like eggs. The gourmet egg nog was slightly sweeter, and perhaps richer, but then the wholesome farm-fresh taste was missing. Slightly less eggy than the holiday version.

Overall: neither came out as suprior to the other. Disappointingly, I would likely be drawn to the gourmet egg nog for the 30¢ more, and this would be related to the same reason why I drink Starbucks instead of Tim's. It's the illusion of wealth. I can afford that extra 30¢ for egg nog, therefore I'm better than that person ahead of me in line who is buying the cheaper egg nog.

Gourmet egg nog does not come in a 'lite' version, only the holiday egg nog is available for the fat conscious.




Banning Handguns

Who's buying this Liberal propoganda? Haven't they already wasted enough money on the gun registry?

The problem isn't guns, it's people who kill people with guns. Need I suggest that the Liberals also ban chainsaws and butcher knives? Because people get killed by those too. Why not ban automobiles? More people die at the hands of other people who are driving cars!!!

Decent people who won't kill other people and have handguns are not something to be worried about, and it's only these people that any sort of control will be targetting, just as the gun registry has done.

If I want a gun to kill someone, I will more than likely bypass all the government red tape and just go buy one.

Seriously, every time Martin opens his mouth, I'm soured more and more by whatever he says. It's just pathetic.

Ironically, gun violence in Toronto is relatively low and has been decreasing since 1991. As well, the 2005 per captia murder rates in Toronto are lower than Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary. I don't know what Toronto is complaining about. (CBC Source.)




John Lennon

Not like I have to tell anyone, but John Lennon was murdered 25 years ago today.

I've been sitting in my living room listening to all the Lennon vinyl I have. The post-mortem album "Milk and Honey" is absolutely...terrible.

I think that if there is a hell on earth, it cannot get much worse than listening to Yoko Ono singing. It's rather bad.




I wonder what it would be like to be rich and not worry about the simple things in life like paying bills and student loans on time and having to maintain a real job in order to pay those bills.

No comments: