09 December 2005

7 shades of Zoom!

After spending [investing?] $xxxx.xx at the orthodontist to have my teeth straightened, I was at my dentist for a checkup and cleaning when the receptionist suggested I get professional bleaching.

In comes Zoom!
Unfortunately, because this is a product which is only administered by a dentist, there actually isn't a good web site for it.


Zoom zoom zoom.

And another $xxx.xx to the dentist.

Because I have stolen the batteries from my camera to put in my keyboard and/or mouse, I can't provide any pictures right now, but then again, who wants to see my teeth?

Best yet, I made the Number 1 spot for the greatest number of tooth shades of improvement. There is some standardised scale which dentists use to base the shade increase against. They said that typically most of their patients go up 4 or 5 shades. The previous record holder went 6 shades whiter. I went 7.

And all for what? I'm not married or dating, so no one is actively currently kissing me. I also have no plans to be dating or married any time soon. No one at work noticed. My squash partner didn't notice. I even told a friend who was over for dinner that I couldn't make pasta because I couldn't eat red sauces for 24 hours, because I'd had my teeth whitened. He didn't even say anything or ask to see.

Meh, but at least I have whiter teeth. I think they may actually glow under black light now.

No comments: