12 October 2005

show me the money

$400


Alberta is rich, and Ralph wants to pay it forward. And apparently there are some tax-loving tax&spend liberals and/or ndp-ers out there who are bemoaning the tax rebate.

That's right, it's a tax rebate.

If you don't like it, then don't cash it. Or give it to someone you know who may need the money.

Should the homeless be getting it? Well, I have my opinion on such things, and it doesn't involve more affordable housing or increasing welfare payments. Yeah, there are a minority of recipients who would benefit, but for the most part, I know from first hand experience that the system is overly abused by people who actually could work.

Q: What will I be doing with my $400?

A: I've got a mastercard and an overdraft. That money isn't being spent on anything other than trying to get me up to zero balance. And it's about time. I pay taxes and I work to support this great and better, nay, best province. It's about time I get some kick-back. If you're envious, then move here.

No comments: