18 October 2005

how big is your company?

I work for a rather large corporation which has offices, services, assets, and people in just about every province and major city in Canada.

Now, I often forget how big the Company is, since I'm part of a small "backwater" office with a minimum of staff.

But occassionally, I am reminded of the largeness in an obvious way.

I got an email from someone in the company whom I've never dealt with before. Wanting to know just who this person is, I looked up the properties in the global address list (GAL for the acronym). This person's manager has the title: Director of Innovation & Improvement.

Director of Innovation & Improvement.

Just what is that? What does that person do?

Then again, I suppose that someone looking up my profile in the GAL and coming across the title Engineer may not have any idea what I do either.

Something to think about on a Tuesday morning.

No comments: