13 May 2007

Moses Mayes

If you discover most of your new "music" from commercial radio, then stop reading.


Recently while in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada for a business trip, I met a member of Moses Mayes, as he was there representing a company on the exhibit floor.

The conversation started around me being from Lethbridge, and his band was going to playing here in the near future (but alas, they now are not, as they got a better gig offer to play in Canmore on the same night! Lethbridge's loss).

In the blur and haze which constantly surrounds one while in Las Vegas, I was actually able to remember that I met this band member, and the name of the band, which I easily googled.

It's not often that I find some so fresh and so innovative, that I've got to blog about it.

Moses Mayes is not easily defined, as they transcend most labels. The best possible application for their style would be a foundation of funk fusion and acid jazz, and that all mixed together and coming out somewhere in between on the other side.

I highly recommend this group from friendly Winnipeg Manitoba. Check them out! You shan't be disappointed.

Moses Mayes on iTunes:


No comments: