12 May 2007

love the ride

I have been cycling on my sport hardtail, a Rocky Mountain Fusion for four years now. I love the ride. I bike whenever I can. All Christmas's but the most recent, it was nice enough to head out for a 10 km ride in the afternoon.

However, a sport hardtail has its purpose, and is therefore limited when being used for other types of rides.

The craving, nay lust, for a road bike set in over a year ago, but just to make sure that it was a prolonged emotion, I waited for a full year before permitting myself to indulge.

And now I have.

Introducing the newest member to my family:


the Rocky Mountain Solo 10


The "10" indicates the component level; this frame comes in three levels of components, 10, 30, 50, each having better components than the predecessor. As I don't know how good I will be, getting the starter level will likely be adequate for my needs.

I've paid the deposit for my bike store to order it in (not a stock item; too expensive for the average bike purchaser), and the expected arrival date is Thursday. Updates to follow!

No comments: