06 June 2006

my breath smells like cat food

Tonight, I finally crashed my wagon, broke down and purchased a Safeway meatloaf. Not just any old loaf, but rather a homestyle meatloaf, precooked, ready to eat, and fresh from the Safeway oven.....four hours ago.....and only $6.99!!

I had to dig down through all the $7.99 precooked, ready to eat, fresh from the Safeway oven, homestyle slow roasted chickens to find a meatloaf. And for my toils, there was not one, but three meatloafs. Or is it meatloaves?

I got to smell the glorious meatloaf all the way home! I could barely contain my glee! The homestyle meatloaf is topped with a rich tomato glaze! (I think it is burnt ketchup.)

Well, I was not fully disappointed. Though I do believe I now know how cat food must taste. Perhaps not cat food. Maybe a step above, university or military food.

However, I am still in awe of one thing, which also happens to be the catalyst for this post, the surprising unexpected ingredient.

Dehydrated potato.

Not plural, but singular.

Here is my challenge to you, oh blog reader, find a surprising and unexpected ingredient in any item of prepared food.

Items disallowed are:
- unpronounceable chemicals, additives, colours, and/or flavours
- notations to indicate kosher-ness
- allergy cautioning

Basically, it's got to be real food stuff, but also on-label and surprising and unexpected.

Let's all get fat and malnourished together!

This post was brought to you by:

Research In Motion

BlackBerry 7100r

Rogers Wireless / Rogers Sans Fils

And my left thumb.

No comments: