26 March 2006

why is life so sad?

I'm trying to understand why life is so sad.

It seems as though there are those who are, for lack of a word, blessed. And then the rest are just fucked.

It's hard to know where I am. I have a home. I am warm and dry and have clothes to wear. I have food to eat and wine to drink. I also have a job, which gives me something to do to earn money to so that I can pay for these other things. And those few things are quite a bit more than most people on the planet have.

But then I want to know why it is that I feel left out. Is it my fault that I am in a cocoon, sheltered from everything by the web that I wove around myself. Did I weave the web? Did someone else just stick me inside of it and weave it around me. My mother is Shelob and I am Frodo.

I am abandoned. I am desperate. I am lonely. I am unloved. I am what I am. I possess no beauty because none have found me beautiful. Because I think, therefore I am.

My heart has but one beat left in it. Who will feel it?

No comments: