12 March 2006

paper #2 topic

Mr Data (Star Trek TNG), C3PO (Star Wars), Hal (Space Odyssey) and Agent Smith (The Matrix) were playing poker.

Agent Smith’s eyes gleam as the pot grows. He struggles to contain his excitement. He is holding a full house, Qs full of 8s.

But Mr. Data seems so unbelievably calm. Data antes up without a quiver.

Hal says “I’m sorry Data. I can’t...” his voice trails off, and he folds.

Next up, C3PO pushes his chair back from the table, “R2 says the chances of survival are seven-hundred and twenty-five to one. I fold."

Agent Smith stares at Mr. Data. “How could this be?” he thinks. “That huge pot is so very close!” Finally, Data’s unwavering gaze unnerves him and Agent Smith folds.

As Mr. Data claimed the pot he flipped his hand over to reveal a pair of 6s. Agent Smith flew into a rage.

He tipped the table over, drew a weapon, and shot Mr. Data.


Question: Did Agent Smith do something morally wrong?





I got 71% on my first paper; I was too creative, and I suppose therefore not philosophical.

No comments: