16 November 2005

moo

23 500 kilolitres.

That's roughly 23 500 000 litres.

Of cream.

And then there is 226 300 kilolitres of milk. 226 300 000 litres of milk.

Purchased in Canada during the month of September, 2005!

Wow! I mean, I had no idea.

But then, I suppose that it would be safe to estimate that each Canadian purchased about 7.8 litres of milk and/or cream in September. I can safely say that I purchase 10 litres of milk and cream every two weeks. Sometimes even 15 litres every two weeks. Therefore I would well above average, which is quite typical for me: to be above average.

To put this in perspective, that's 249.8 million litres of milk and cream...for one month!

If Chuck Guité had a dollar for every litre of milk and cream purchased in Canada in the month of September 2005, he could pay back all the money he stole.




Find information like that, and much more, each and every business day from The Daily. (Not the daily show, but The Daily, from Statistics Canada.)

No comments: