03 September 2006

alone

Once again I find myself at the cinema alone.

The first film I ever saw alone was The Saint, starring Val Kilmer and some girl.

It was while going to that film at the somewhat new whatever~plex in Tilsonburg Ontario that I lost all the social fear of going out alone to a film.

And tonight, I'm not here to see Crank, an action flick sure to be pure Hollywood drivel starring Jason Statham.

I am here to see Little Miss Sunshine.

Come on people!!!

Steve Carell.

Greg Kinnear.

Toni Collette.

Alan Arkin.

Things I'm learning during the pre-show:

~ how was Mark Wahlberg ever in a boy band?? He's just not pretty enough!

~ John Heder's (or whatever Napolean's name is) career loser is getting more than tired. When can this guy finally get a different role and change his lame stereotype.

~ Telus commercials with computer animated animals are tragically annoying. More annoying is hearing the entire theatre coo while the frog gets wet with the monkey. Seriously, this ad compaign style got old about a year BEFORE Clear-Net was swallowed by Telus.

~ the endless loop of pre-show needs to be longer than 9 minutes.

No comments: